The Policy Analyst supports a wide range of strategic activities for our firm’s health care clients, with an emphasis on sector research and monitoring and regulatory and legislative analysis. Clients include some of the country’s top health plans, provider organizations, industry coalitions, and innovators. The ability to pursue research questions, analyze complex and evolving trends and synthesize and clearly communicate findings in a fast-paced environment are core requirements of the position. Additionally, it will be important for the Policy Analyst to work cohesively with the team, stay organized in the face of shifting priorities, and work independently and under tight deadlines when necessary.
• Support development of team-based analysis to clients on various aspects of health care policy, market and economic trends, regulations, legislation, and operations.
• Monitor and analyze evolving health care issues and related reports and synthesize and track trends. Specifically, relevant health-related news, output from industry thought leaders, as well as state and federal guidance and regulations. Activities may include: o Developing and completing newsletters for external stakeholders, with the help of content experts and assessing need for improvements to meet client needs o Managing the development of regulatory and legislative alerts o Providing internal staff with updates related to tracking on an ad-hoc but regular basis • Support regulatory analysis team with background materials and summaries of regulations and legislative efforts
• Conduct background research and data analysis to support development of health policy and strategic business materials for clients or for business development purposes
• Research and support development of client-facing materials, including drafting and editing written materials, such as formal papers, memos, PowerPoints, and comment letters
• Support the creation of public-facing materials including marketing and social media materials
• Assist in coordination and planning of client meetings
Bachelor’s degree required. Additional 1-3 years of experience in health care policy preferred. Title and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience
• Broad understanding of dynamics of health care policy and the sector’s trends; health care industry experience and/or relevant coursework
• Interest in advancing constructive changes to the health care system
• Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail and familiarity with health care publications and data sources
• Experience monitoring, summarizing, and analyzing federal legislation and regulatory materials
• Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to present complex information to internal and external audiences with varying backgrounds and in a variety of formats, ranging from PowerPoint presentations and short summaries to detailed memos and white papers
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Self-managed to use initiative and time management to prioritize work and deliver results
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with tight deadlines
• Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information
• Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to meet the needs of multiple clients as they arise.